About The Collaboration Imperative
Do you want to lead the kind of company that can quickly seize any opportunity and solve any problem? The Collaboration Imperative: Executive Strategies for Unlocking Your Organization’s True Potential, written by Cisco executives Ron Ricci and Carl Wiese, will help you to unleash the hidden assets trapped inside your company—from talent and experience to the right answer and the next big idea—and reap the benefits of the business opportunity of the decade: Collaboration.
The Collaboration Imperative features case studies from organizations such as Best Buy, Duke University and General Electric, as well as exclusive Q&As with collaboration thoughtleaders such as Morten T. Hansen, Andrew McAfee, and Thomas Malone. The book is organized into three sections, which outline actionable strategies to:
- Create a culture that encourages collaboration
- Build processes to streamline collaboration from top to bottom
- Use collaboration technology to achieve tangible results
TABLE OF CONTENTS
By Peter Guber, CEO of Mandalay Entertainment Group and Author of #1 New York Times bestseller Tell to Win
By John Chambers, Chairman and CEO of Cisco
1. Collaboration Matters: Why you’ll either embrace collaborative business practices or live to regret it.
Part I: Culture
2. A Collaborative Culture Starts at the Top: Become a chief catalyst of collaboration to create a culture of shared goals.
3. Get Real About Communication: Develop an organization of authentic communicators to fuel effective collaboration.
Part II: Process
4. Creating Commitment to Shared Goals: Get collaborative teams aligned and working toward a shared vision of success.
5. Build Team Trust Fast: Help teams overcome the challenges of working virtually to foster the kind of trust and accountability that are essential to collaboration.
6. Stop Wasting Time: Use this framework for collaborative meetings to make the most of your time together.
Part III: Technology
7. Unlocking the Collaboration Toolbox: Support your collaboration strategy with the right technology tools.
8. Eight High-Impact Collaboration Opportunities: Identify common business activities that are ripe for transformation.
9. What Is the True Payback of Collaboration?: Get the maximum return on your investments—from operational and productivity improvements to competitive advantage.
10. The Time is Now: Take the next step on your journey as a collaborative leader.